Monday 16 February 2009

Pooks Hill

My standard line when one of the guests asks me how long I've been here is 'I came to visit for the weekend and that was three weeks ago'. Which is pretty much true. Pooks Hill really is an idyllic location, and I seem to have clicked with Vicki the owner, and the managers Cat and Dave. So I have been doing odd jobs, I look after the phone while the others are out (don't panic!) and obviously am a permanent fixture behind the bar come the evening. And the clientele are by and large good company and I've made some pretty strong casual connections if thats not a contradictory statement. I'm good at that sort of thing. And I've been able to sit down and have a good look at the photos I took while I was in the forest, and unbelieveably a reasonable number have actually been in focus, which is a relief. Some interesting pictures are starting to emerge and there is a growing possibility that I may be able to exhibit some stuff while I'm here. We shall see. I'm almost certain that I will extend my departure date to the beginning of April, so I'll have a few weeks to pull something together. It seems very easy to network here, its a small country and everyone is pretty welcoming and interested in what your doing....

http://www.pookshilllodge.com/

Oh, and I thought you probably didn't want to know that after giving what I think is due diligence to the project over the last month I did find time to escape for a couple of days on the coast. It was quite cool and raining when I arrived on Saturday morning but by Monday it was scorching hot. I went out to an island called Tobacco Caye and had a very relaxing day snorkling and doing whatever you do on the beach...I even got a free ride out there by some fluke, which I can safely say is the first time I've 'beaten Belize' while I've been out here.

Hopefully back to Las Cuevas this week, the road is much drier and I have a clearer idea of the photos I need to complete the first series of pictures....more snapshots to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment